[MSA-talk] Mineral name pronounciation

Glenn Waychunas gawaychunas at lbl.gov
Sat May 3 12:36:28 EDT 2014

Hi Rik:

Actually, no.  I wasn't just referring to english.  You could certainly
have a phonetic guide to pronunciation in general, using the appropriate
sounds of the mineral name in its original tongue.  Also you could listen
to the correct pronunciation.  This process is available all over the
internet, providing you have sound on your computer. I regularly listen to
words in Russian or Chinese to learn how to pronounce them.  And it doesn't
matter if the alphabet is different or in characters, etc.

At least my idea.  Also all minerals names so vocalized could be in the
wikipedia.

Glenn