[MSA-talk] Mineral name for perovskite-structured (Mg, Fe) silicate?

Paul Asimow asimow at gps.caltech.edu
Wed May 28 18:18:31 EDT 2014

I propose bridgmanite -- like Frank Spera said, he started it before Birch. An important mineral to go with his Nobel prize? Sure.

Paul Asimow                    asimow at gps.caltech.edu
Professor of Geology and Geochemistry
California Institute of Technology           M/C170-25
Pasadena, CA 91125 USA
(626)395-4133                            FAX (626)568-0935