[MSA-talk] MSA at GSA in 2018

Michael Brown mbrown at umd.edu
Mon Dec 11 06:27:36 EST 2017

Dear Colleagues

The 2018 GSA Annual Meeting will be held in Indianapolis on 4–7
November. This meeting serves as a major venue for MSA and its members,
with sessions representing our science and our Awards Luncheon and
lectures on the Tuesday of the meeting. As an Associated Society of GSA,
MSA may sponsor sessions. Thus, the number of sessions at the meeting
that are attractive to MSA members is up to us. Now would be a good time
to think about proposing exciting sessions for this meeting as a prelude
to the Centennial of MSA in 2019. MSA-sponsored sessions should be
submitted as “Topical Sessions” at
https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2018AM/cfs.cgi . The technical session
deadline is 1 Feb. 2018. Please copy the proposal you submit to the MSA
representatives to the GSA Joint Technical Program Committee, Jane A.
Gilotti <jane-gilotti at uiowa.edu> and Phil Brown <pbrown at geology.wisc.edu> .

With best wishes for the holiday season,

Mike

(Michael Brown, 2018 MSA President)

Michael Brown, Professor of Geology

Department of Geology
Geology Building
8000 Regents Drive
University of Maryland
College Park
MD 20742-4211
USA

office: CHEM 2229B (Chemistry Building, 8051 Regents Drive)
email: mbrown <at> umd.edu
https://www.geol.umd.edu/michaelbrown
Dept. office: 301 405 4082; Direct line: 301 405 4080
Dept. fax: 301 314 9661

LABORATORY FOR CRUSTAL PETROLOGY (Information at:
http://www.geol.umd.edu/facilities/LCP/lcp.htm)