[MSA-talk] IMA 2018 Melbourne Australia

lgaloisy laurence-v.galoisy at impmc.upmc.fr
Tue Dec 12 03:49:30 EST 2017

Dear Colleagues, On the occasion of the 22nd meeting of the
International Mineralogical Association (IMA) held in Melbourne
(Australia) from 13th to 17th of August, 2017 we**would like to invite
you submitting an abstract to the following session: *Latest
developments ***in *****synchrotron-based *******studies in
*********mineralogy, ***********petrology and *************geochemistry
*******For which the convenor is Laurence Galoisy (France) Pierre and
Marie Curie University, Paris and co-convenors are **************

  * Simon Clark (Australia), Macquarie University
  * Grant Henderson (Canada), University of Toronto

The purpose of this session is to examine the diverse applications of
synchrotron-based techniques to mineralogical, petrological and
geochemical problems. Recently, research in geosciences has benefited
greatly from new generations of synchrotron sources across the world.
The development of these facilities has led to dramatic improvements in
time resolution, data quality, detection limits and spatial resolution.
This allows great improvements of the knowledge on the structure and
composition of the bulk and surface of minerals, glasses and melts. We
solicit submissions that have employed methods and techniques that
require the high intensity and flux of synchrotron radiation sources in
mineralogy, petrology and geochemistry: XAS (XANES, EXAFS, HERDF…), XRF,
X-ray microscopy (e.g. STXM), tomography, scattering methods (e.g.
SAXS/WAXS), x-ray diffraction, inelastic scattering, IR spectroscopy… In
particular, we encourage presentations of studies of µ-size samples,
in-situ studies at high T/P, time-resolved measurements, and
determination of structure/property relationships. The call for abstract
is open until February 28th, 2018 by midnight. The abstract submission
page is available at the address:
https://www.ima2018.com/call-for-abstracts/ Looking forward to seeing
you at IMA 2018 Melbourne. Best wishes, Laurence Galoisy, Simon Clark
and Grant Henserson

--
Laurence Galoisy
Associate professor Pierre and Marie Curie University France