[MSA-talk] resources for Economic Geology

Sirbescu, Monaliza Catalina sirbe1mc at cmich.edu
Mon Dec 18 15:18:40 EST 2017

Hello all,

I have the rare opportunity to teach an economic geology course (10 students signed up for next semester), including a weekly three-hour lab. I am aware that this type of course has become quite rare, but I didn’t realize how scarce the teaching resources can be.

Are you aware of any polished ore-mineral samples (common sulfides, sulfosalts, oxides, etc.) for study in reflected light, that are in surplus or no longer needed at your institution? Any set of reasonably-documented ore samples that you would be willing to donate (or lend until May)?  Please shoot me an email so we can coordinate the shipping.

Or do you know anyone selling ore collections of hand samples + polished sections?  Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you so much!

Mona

Mona Sirbescu
Professor of Geology