[MSA-talk] Percussion marks

Chris Tacker rctacker at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 13:16:18 EST 2017

Hello, all, 
Is there a term to describe the fringes that form around a percussion mark? Attached is a photo of an apatite,not quite before and after, but it clearly shows color fringes in cross-polarized light. The crystal is about 1 cm, and it was simply poked with a phillips head screwdriver to make the mark. 
Thanks,Chris Tacker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.minlists.org/pipermail/msa-talk/attachments/20171219/d3c72f6e/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Percussion point.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 266184 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.minlists.org/pipermail/msa-talk/attachments/20171219/d3c72f6e/attachment-0001.pdf>

More information about the MSA-talk mailing list