[MSA-talk] Percussion marks

Richard Taylor rpt5 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 05:25:49 EST 2017

Hi

I would describe the interference as an effect of induced stress within the
lattice, I have heard them described as tension lines, I found a learning
resource that had been posted from Obuda university that I have referenced
that may be of interest

http://uni-obuda.hu/users/grollerg/Materials%20Science%20lab/Stress%20Optics.pdf

best

Professor Richard P. Taylor
E mail:                      rpt5 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Alternative E mail:   rpa.taylor at btconnect.com
Mobile:                    +44 (0)780 198 5883
Phone:                    +44 (0)1743 363188

Honorary Research Fellow
The University of St Andrews
School of Geography & Geosciences
Distinguished Visiting Professor