[MSA-talk] Helen Lang

Matt Kohn mattkohn at boisestate.edu
Thu Dec 21 00:56:51 EST 2017

Hi Jane (and everyone else),

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear this news. I remember so fondly seeing Helen at meetings and on the occasional field trip.

I found out recently that back in 1977, when she earned her BS, only 1 in 6 geoscience students was female. Very few chose to study petrology.

Helen was always so self-effacing about her perseverance and accomplishments. But truly she was an inspiration.

Matt