[MSA-talk] Synchysite-(Y)

Daniel Hummer daniel.hummer at siu.edu
Sat Dec 23 01:38:24 EST 2017

Hi Steven,

The rruff database, housed at University of Arizona, is a great resource
for standard XRD and spectroscopic data for a very large number of
mineral species. The link below has the Raman spectrum for
synchysite-(Y) (although as Don points out, completely pure end member
samples of the REE minerals rarely if ever exist).

http://rruff.info/synchysite-(y)/display=default/

You can examine the graph, download data files and plot in your own
format, and see a list of references at the bottom of the page. Hope
this is helpful.

Best,
Dan Hummer

Daniel R Hummer