[MSA-talk] Key subduction zone papers

Matt Kohn mattkohn at boisestate.edu
Sat Dec 30 12:59:12 EST 2017

Hi again,

I’m also teaching a subduction zone seminar this semester (split upper undergrad and grad). One goal is to teach students how to read technical papers, so I don’t want popular articles. More specifically, I’m looking for two kinds of papers:
1) Some key papers on subduction processes in general - ideally individual review papers discussing petrology (igneous, metamorphic), geophysics, geochemistry, and volcanology. I’m not looking for a single paper that discusses all these topics (if one even exists), rather something on geophysics, something on geochemistry, etc. I’d like to amass multiple possibilities for each topic.

I can track down the relevant chapters from Treatise on Geochemistry. Strangely enough, I haven’t found something directly relevant in Treatise on Geophysics, so if someone knows a relevant chapter, please let me know.

2) Papers discussing subduction metamorphism and tectonics in the Caribbean region, especially Cuba-Haiti-Dominican Republic. Any other cool papers for the Caribbean are also welcome.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Matt