[MSA-talk] EXCALIBRW Computer program

Gunter, Mickey (mgunter@uidaho.edu) mgunter at uidaho.edu
Wed Nov 8 08:23:10 EST 2017

Carl et al.,

Here is the Dropbox link for that program:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/khfbtkxcqtg5i26/ExcalibrW.exe?dl=0

Also here is a Dropbox link to a paper that explains its use:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuw2hr912zz66dm/Gunter_et_al_2004_Micro.pdf?dl=0

However, as a point of clarification I was not the developer of the program, I just distribute it.  The original developer of that program was Bartelmehs et al (1992) as noted in the above publication.  A later modification to that program added stereographic output, thus the “W” was added.

Finally we (well really my PhD student Cody Steven) has developed a new version of the program termed “Exceliber.”  The different spelling hints to the point this version is written in Excel, thus making the program platform independent.  It’s also very easy to use and provides both numerical and stereographic about.  To obtain that program, email Cody directly (he’s cc’ed on this email).  We also have an upcoming publication in The Microscope that will be available very soon detailing the use of the program.  At this point we (again Cody) can provide a pre-preint of that article.

best,
Mickey

Mickey Gunter, University Distinguished Professor
Geological Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3022
Moscow ID, 83844-3022, USA