[MSA-talk] Copies of articles needed

Clemens, JD, Prof <jclemens@sun.ac.za> jclemens at sun.ac.za
Sat Nov 18 06:56:25 EST 2017

I just donated all my volumes of Progress in Experimental Petrology to our library at Stellenbosch, but it sounds like Bernie will be able to shoot a copy over to you. I don’t know whether you are only interested in Bernie's results, but the attached paper summarises and evaluates all the various datasets on Phl + Qz = En + Sa + H2O. There are some aberrant experimental results, however, but the Wood reversals are good.

Prof. John D. Clemens
Dept of Earth Sciences
University of Stellenbosch
Private Bag X1, 7602 Matieland, South Africa
phone: +27 (0)21 808 3159
http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/science/earthsciences/staff-and-postgrads/academic-staff/prof-jd-clemens
Our passions cannot alter the facts, only hide them from us.
“Always I hope that some traveller will have more news of the way than I and, sooner or later, I find I must make enquiry of the direction of every thoughtful man I meet. And I have always had special hope of those who study the sciences. They ask intimate questions of nature. Theology possesses a vain-gloriousness which places its faith in human theories; but science, at its best, is humble before nature herself: it has no thesis to defend. It is content to kneel upon the earth … and ask the simplest questions, hoping for some true reply.” - David Grayson (Ray Stannard Baker), “Adventures in Contentment”, 1907.