[MSA-talk] ultra-thin jeweler's saw

George Harlow gharlow at amnh.org
Tue Nov 21 11:40:42 EST 2017

With a Buehler Isomet saw, I have used both Pro-Slicer .004” x 4” diameter and Lapcraft DiaLaser (same specs) diamond blades, which typically yield a 0.01” kerf loss.  The challenge is to make flat cuts on larger crystals. I think the cuts are generally flatter than with a wire saw.  Lapcaraft sells its own products; Kingsley North and other vendors sell Pro-Slicer.
Cheers,
George

George E. Harlow                                            gharlow at amnh.org<mailto:gharlow at amnh.org>
Dept. Earth and Planetary Sciences
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street New York, NY 10024-5192  U.S.A.
Phone (212)769-5378     FAX  (212)769-5533