[MSA-talk] Epoxy for min/glass mounts

Peter Laugesen pl at pelcon.dk
Thu Nov 23 04:48:00 EST 2017

Hi Pilar,

We use a UV-glue hardening system that ensures perfect, bubble-free and very fast bonding.

Block-samples are:

-        [In case of weak samples: Pre-vacuum-impregnated with low viscosity (fluorescent) epoxy]

-        Ground

-        Vacuum-impregnated with low viscosity (fluorescent) epoxy, which is entered while the sample is in full vacuum, ensuring no bubbles and perfect bonding

-        Re-ground to a level 5 microns deeper in the sample which is now ‘epoxy-reinforced’

-        Polished

Thin sections are:

-        Treated as above

-        Glued to the object glass by UV-hardening glue

-        Ground

-        Polished (if needed)

You are welcome to contact me for further info on the materials we use.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Peter Laugesen

PELCON
Pelcon Materials & Testing ApS