[MSA-talk] Epoxy for min/glass mounts

John Shervais john.shervais at usu.edu
Fri Nov 24 16:12:34 EST 2017

Pilar et al,

Regarding the UV cure optical adhesive Norland 61: this is “military spec” adhesive, with RI about same as standard thin section epoxy. SInce it’s not mixed, bubbles are almost never a problem (you make lots of bubbles when mixing 2 part expoxies).

Another advantage is you only use what you need at the time: no mixing large batches and throwing much away. Since it is not thermal setting, you can heat to lower viscosity to improve impregnating.

Also, despite what it says on label, this can be stored for years in cool dark place with no apparent loss of function.

John Shervais

Sent from my iPad