[MSA-talk] REE...

John Dilles dillesj at geo.oregonstate.edu
Tue Nov 28 10:58:38 EST 2017

Julien

As you probably know, the USGS suspended the Mineral Resources External Research Program (MRERP)  after the 2013-2014 year.

Mark Barton, Mary Poulton, Jon Price and I worked with the USGS to get this program started, but the USGS has cut funding on the basis of its budget.

Best

JOHN Dilles

PS — I would note that radioactive U and Th are a key problem with wastes materials from REE mining, especially Bayan Obo.