[MSA-talk] Metamorphic Geology Session at NEGSA 2018

Victor Guevara vguevara at skidmore.edu
Tue Nov 28 21:57:08 EST 2017

Hello All,

On the behalf of myself, Emily Peterman, and Hal Bosbyshell, I encourage you to submit an abstract to session T30 at the 2018 Geological Society of America Northeastern Section Meeting, to be held March 18-20 in Burlington, Vermont, USA:

Petrologic Insights on Modern and Ancient Plate Margins II: The Metamorphic Record.
Metamorphic rocks provide opportunities to study the mechanisms, timing, and rates of tectonic processes. This session seeks contributions on all aspects of metamorphism related to modern and ancient convergent boundaries and rifting environments, including insights from field and laboratory analysis of natural samples, experimental work, and numerical and geochemical modeling.

We hope to have a diverse array of presentations on metamorphic geology. The deadline for abstracts isDecember 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.

For more details, or to submit an abstract, please refer to the meeting website:http://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/ne/2018mtg/home.aspx

We look forward to seeing you in Burlington!

Victor Guevara, Emily Peterman, and Hal Bosbyshell

Victor E. Guevara
Assistant Professor of Geosciences
Skidmore College
815 N. Broadway