[MSA-talk] treatment + separation of clay-bearing materials

Steve ekozoe at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 17:07:22 EST 2017

 Barry -
A commercial elutriator might do it.
Steve FeldmanNIST
    On Thursday, November 30, 2017, 3:18:11 PM EST, Barry Bickmore <bbickmore at comcast.net> wrote:  
 Hi everyone,
In a laboratory setting, if I want to treat a sediment or ground rock sample with some kind of aqueous reagent, and then separate the liquid from the solids, I can just use a centrifuge if there are clay minerals in there.  That probably isn’t feasible on an industrial scale, however.  Do any of you know how such separations are done on an industrial scale?  You could flocculate the clay by adding some salt, I suppose, but then if you try to remove the salt, you would once again be faced with the same problem.
MSA-talk mailing list
MSA-talk at minlists.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.minlists.org/pipermail/msa-talk/attachments/20171130/1d578d62/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the MSA-talk mailing list