[MSA-talk] Tenure-track faculty position in Sedimentollgy-Stratigraphy (trying again)

Roberta Rudnick rudnick at geol.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 6 13:09:30 EDT 2017

For some reason my original post seems to have been "scrubbed", so I'm
trying again.

*UC Santa Barbara, Department of Earth Science*

*Sedimentology/Stratigraphy*

The Department of Earth Science at the University of California, Santa
Barbara, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor
position in Sedimentology/Stratigraphy starting July 1, 2018.We are
particularly interested in someone with expertise in carbonates but are
open to all areas of Sedimentology/Stratigraphy. The ideal candidate
will employ a combination of field, laboratory, and numerical techniques
and will complement existing Departmental strengths in Sedimentology,
Paleobiology, Geochemistry, and Tectonics.

The successful candidate is expected to develop a vigorous, externally
funded research program, to teach and advise graduate and undergraduate
students, and to contribute to the mission of the Department and the
wider university community. A Ph.D. or an equivalent degree is required
at the time of appointment.

Applicants should submit a PDF containing a letter of application, their
curriculum vitae, a description of teaching and research objectives and
accomplishments, and the contact information for three referees who will
provide letters. For link to application, see our Departmental home
page. For questions, contact Prof. Susannah Porter (porter at geol.ucsb.edu
<mailto:porter at geol.ucsb.edu>).

Review of applications will begin *October 30, 2017*. The position will
remain open until filled, but to ensure full consideration, application
materials should be submitted by this date.

The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

--
Dr. Roberta L. Rudnick
Department of Earth Science and Earth Research Institute

Office phone: 805-893-3082
Fax: 805-893-2314

Vice President, Geochemical Society (http://www.geochemsoc.org/)