[MSA-talk] Tips for helping color-blind students with optical mineralogy

Jesse Walters jesse.walters at maine.edu
Fri Oct 20 10:13:18 EDT 2017

Hi Lydia,

Steve beat me to it, but my thoughts  might be still be useful. I was going
to suggest that you can digitally manipulate the birefringence chart and
photomicrographs to see what they would look like to your student. Adobe
Illustrator has a function specifically for this application, and I often
use it to check my figures. Even though Steve provided the charts, it still
might be worthwhile to use this tool on actual photomicrographs.

- Jesse