[MSA-talk] youngs modulus of calcite and aragonite

David Elbert elbert at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 20 13:31:55 EDT 2017

Hi Mike-

I’m not sure exactly what you need, but de Jong et al (2015) have reported calculated elastic properties that can be quite helpful.  The reference is:

https://www.nature.com/articles/sdata20159

You may find it easier to access the data by using the Materials Project:

https://materialsproject.org

MP has a nice set of APIs that allow you to pull the data directly for whatever you may want to do computationally.

Regards-
David

David Elbert
Earth and Planetary Sciences