[MSA-talk] youngs modulus of calcite and aragonite

Michael Carpenter mc43 at esc.cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 21 06:32:54 EDT 2017

Thanks Ross. I have the equations for calcite but not for an orthotropic
medium and was hoping simply to be able to quote values from the
literature. Oddly they seem not to be listed anywhere. I will have to go
back to the basic constitutive equations.

The problem is an interesting one - control of the elastic properties of
bivalve shells by microstructure and the properties of aragonite or calcite
within an organic matrix.

Thanks for all the other replies I received as well.

Michael