[MSA-talk] Jean DeMouthe's passing

Rakovan, John rakovajf at miamioh.edu
Mon Oct 23 17:07:09 EDT 2017

It is with sadness that I report that our friend and colleague Jean
DeMouthe, Geology Collections Manager at the California Academy of Science,
passed away Saturday, October 21st after a long bout with cancer. She was
in hospice care in her home with her family. Jean recently published an MSA
monograph *Care and Documentation of Mineral Collections*
http://www.minsocam.org/msa/Monographs/#DeMouthe

Sincerely,

John Rakovan

*John Rakovan*
Professor of Mineralogy/Geochemistry and Graduate Director
Department of Geology and Environmental Earth Science
<http://www.units.miamioh.edu/geology/>
Miami University
250 South Patterson Ave.
Rm. 118 Shideler Hall