[MSA-talk] Call for sessions: Goldschmidt 2018 Mineral and Energy Resources

Sasha Wilson sasha.wilson at monash.edu
Mon Oct 23 23:00:45 EDT 2017

Dear MSA-Talk members,

Please consider submitting a session proposal to Theme 5: Mineral and Energy Resources for next year’s Goldschmidt conference. The conference will be held in Boston from 12–17 August 2018. The deadline for session proposals is 1 November 2017.

More information on session proposals can be found here: https://goldschmidt.info/2018/instructionsForSessions.

We’re particularly interested in sessions at the interface between energy and mineral resources and sessions that address the entire mining cycle.

Theme 5: Mineral and Energy Resources

The health and prosperity of our global civilization relies upon sustainable and predictable supplies of energy and mineral resources, as well as strategies to mitigate the impacts of their extraction, storage, and use. Sessions in the Energy and Mineral Resources theme will cover the entire mining cycle, with a focus on the exploration of oil and natural gas, capture and sequestration of CO2 and other pollutants, characterization of geothermal resources, ore forming processes, mineral processing, and the environmental impacts of energy and mineral resource extraction.

Thanks (and apologies for any cross postings),

Clint Scott (United States Geological Survey, Reston),
Weidong Sun (Chinese Academy of Sciences),
Sasha Wilson (Monash University)