[MSA-talk] Mineral Interest

Frank Dickson dicksonfwgranite at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 14:49:10 EDT 2017

*Oct 20, 2017 Hello Min Nuts: I am 95 years old, have always been
interested in people and nature.  **As a boy in California I got up early
walked to hills observing things, cows, oil wells, rocks.  Had rockhound
brothers.  During WWII in China on a stroll I picked up alpha quartz whole
crystals sent home.  At UCLA  Professor George Tunell taught me
crystal structure among other things.  I worked with UCLA Clem Nelson on
Papoose Flat pluton  in which crystals of orthoclase weathered out on
ground. They were studied in chosen orientation. I now live in Westerly,
Rhode Island. dug into Westerly Granite with moonstone orthoclase
therapeutic crystals.  Textures differ.  PPF crystals during growth grew
yriad tiny oriented crystals - boxy textures.  Westerly crystals separated
close layers imparted sheen.  Frank Dickson*